Pages

Monday, March 11, 2019

Anything Goes!

Hi everyone!

Hope your Monday is going great (for a Monday anyway 😛) What I have going on today is a stamped Santa tag. Just feels like Winter is never going to end, so let's make the best of it, shall we?
So this tag is loaded with common supplies, so you probably already have most of them in your stash. Just remember, you don't have to always use everything I did. When I see a project someone else has made, I generally look at the supply list and think to myself, "I have this, but I don't have that, even so, I can use this instead." After all, paper crafting has a never ending supply list. I often think about what I have in my sewing box and tool box that I can use! Don't stop there! Look in your office supply drawer, you will be surprised at what you find!

This project supply list includes:
White cs
Patterned paper (found in my Christmas stash)
Stamp is Santa Collage by Rubber Stampede, snowflake stamp about 3/4" diameter
Ranger tag #8
Tim Holtz Metal Trinket Pins Stamped with Words and Numbers
Small black washer from the tool box
Small "believe" stamp and white embossing powder, embossing pad
Ranger Black Soot Distress Ink, Archival Black Ink
Mark Richards Red Mosaic Crystal Stickers (4)
Tonic Studios Paper Distresser
Dimensionals
Ribbon, string
Adhesive


First, I distressed the tag with the distress tool, and inked the edges to the inner of the tag with Black Soot ink. Next I used Black Archival Ink to stamp the Santa Collage onto the white card stock. Then I stamped the snowflakes onto the patterned paper with Archival Ink, also stamping off the paper. Adhere the white card stock to the patterned paper, then both to the tag. Feed the washer onto the metal trinket pin. Adhere dimensionals on the back of the trinket pin and place onto the patterned paper on the right side toward the top. Wrap the string around the tag several times, feeding through the trinket pin and then tie it off on the right side of the tag. Place the mosaic stickers on each corner of the patterned paper and put ribbon through the hole of the tag and tie off. You can also back the tag with some chipboard or card board to strengthen and keep it from warping.

And that's it! Simple Christmas tag ready for a scrapbook or to hang on your tree.  It's a great project for a time when you are idle and need to create something awesome! And if you like my projects, please feel free to follow my blog!

Happy crafting!

Denise
Challenges
craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge-428












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D