Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Life Is A Garden

Hi everyone!!

Hoping your week is going well so far. I have a new card that, hopefully, opens up the door to Summer. This card is going to my sister who lives out of state and I sure hope she likes it. She is the one with the green thumb, not me for sure!

I got the inspiration ( I basically scrap lifted ) from Stephanie at Stamps of Life. She did a similar card, and this is her stamp set for the May stamp set of the month, which I am enjoying!

Here is what I used:
Stamps of Life Garden 2 Stamp set
Copic Markers- YG06, B00, B93, G21, R32, R46
Archival Ink- black (I should have used another ink, found that the alcohol markers make this ink smear)
Distress Inks- Mermaid Lagoon, Peeled Paint and Lemonade
Recollections cs- white, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, 3 3/4 x 5, 2 x 1 1/2 ( 1 sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 will cover what you need
Recollections cs- blue 4 x 5 1/4
Small clear gemstones (I could have gone smaller with these)
Tim Holtz Blending tool and foam pad
Pop ups or dimensionals

I started with the piece of white paper ( 3 3/4 x 5 ) to do my stamping and background. For the background I used a piece of scrap paper that I cut scallops on and made a template for the clouds. With Distress Ink Mermaid Lagoon, I tapped the color onto the paper with the Tim Holtz Ink Blending Tool and a foam pad. I cut a 1" circle from another scrap paper and used it to make the sun with Lemonade Distress Ink. Then I used Peeled Paint to make the grass.

I used the 3 flower stamps and the watering can stamp from the stamp set and colored them with the Copic markers, cut them out or use the coordinating dies. Use dimensionals to pop them up on the card. I then stamped the sentiment on the 2 x 1 1/2 piece of white cs and also popped it up on the upper left corner. Apply the gemstones as the water drops coming from the watering can.

What a cute card! I just love it!

Happy crafting y'all!

Denise
Challenges I have entered:

craftysentiments-challenge_21/5-27
digichoosday/wk-21/5-28
lemonshortbreadchallenge94/6-2












3 comments:

  1. Ooh this is such a lovely card and your green fingered sister is sure to love it. Thanks for sharing at Digichoosday this week. Oh yes roll on summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bling water effect! Awesome!
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background and the dimension you created. Using the gems for the water was a great idea.

    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D