Pages

Friday, May 17, 2019

Shark!

Welcome back everyone!

Hope your week was awesome! Finally, the sun is out and the weather is more like Spring.

Well I have an interesting card tonight, a fun technique. Get out that texture paste and a cool stencil, and let's get busy.


You will need:
Texture paste (I used Martha Stewart Brand)
a Stencil (I used the shark from a set of 25 white stencils with a Nautical theme)
Glimmer Mist (I used Creme de Chocolat)
Heidi Swapp Color Shine (I used Teal) by Pink Paislee
Alcohol Pearls Kit #2 - Tranquil and Sublime
Alcohol Blending Solution
Alcohol Inking Tool and pad
Black Diamond Stickles
Palette Knife
Recollections black card stock (I used #110 because I had a scrap just the right size) 4x 5 1/4
Recollections white card stock  8 1/2x 5 1/2 + a piece about 5x6
Adhesive

I first applied texture paste on the shiny side of my paper stencil to a piece of white card stock, about
5x6. I  took my palette knife and make 3 "gills" on the shark then allowed this to dry over night.
I applied both colors of the alcohol pearls along with the blending solution, to the pad on the alcohol inking tool and applied color to the paper around the stenciled shark, getting as close to the shark and the edge of the paper as I could.
Then I used Heidi Swapp's Color Shine in Teal to the top part of the shark. With a folded piece of paper, I covered the top of the shark about 1/2 inch under the top fin. I sprayed the center part of the shark with Glimmer Mist Creme de Chocolat. Then I sprayed some of the teal Color Shine on my mat and with a wooden stick (or you can use a cotton swab) I applied some of the color on the top, the edge of the tail, gills, and the two bottom fins. I let this dry a bit and used Black Diamond Stickles for the shark's eye.

I let this dry for a couple of hours and cut to fit the piece of black card stock, then adhered it to the white card base.

Texture paste is a real treat to work with, and meanwhile I am making covers for 2 journals with this same technique. I will have a post on those at a later date.

Happy crafting!

Denise
Challenges:
polkadoodle/wk-20-anything-goes
worldwideopendesignteamchallenge #5
josscrapshack282
disdigidesignschallenge/make-it-masculine-
crafterscastle.blogspot.com/spot.com
avenue613/challenge-221
corrosivechallengesbyjanet/challenge-5-
cardz4guyzchallenge-220/6-2
craftysentiments-challenge_21/5-27
http://onshortbreadchallenge94/6-2


9 comments:

  1. Oooo . . . this shark is fabulous!! The texture looks amazing and the background is so pretty! Thanks for playing with Di's Digi Designs and Jo's Scrap Shack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous creation, great design! Thank you for sharing with us over at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    ~ Sherry DT/Admin xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab piece of artwork, loving the colours and texture. Thanks for sharing over on dis digi designs challenge. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful make, love the colours. Thank you for sharing your beautiful make with us over at Polkadoodles and hope you will join us again.

    Take care,
    Ann-Marie (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card!
    Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenge blog.
    Ana Isabel DT Coordinator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely brilliant! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card.
    Glad you stopped by at 613Avenue Create.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great creation! Wonderful colours and I love the texture too.

    Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D