Pages

Monday, May 27, 2019

Coffee Sleeve Mini

Hi everyone!

Hope your Memorial Day weekend was a blast! Here is a new project made with coffee sleeves.
I didn't make this for Valentine's Day, although it sure would be appropriate. I made it because I liked the papers and the colors. My papers are a miss-match of different ones I had in my scrap stash. All of mine are different Valentine's Day papers.

What I used:
4 Coffee Sleeves
Acrylic paints ( I used Americana Lavender and Joann Craft Essentials Leaf Green )
1 piece of light weight chipboard or cardboard cereal box 2 1/2 x 2 1/2
Lime green paper  2 1/2 x 2 1/2
Coordinating patterned papers 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 (3)
Pink sugar dot gems (2)
Red heart gem (1) JoAnns
Pink and purple twine ( Doodlebug Design )
Pink and purple floss ( DMC )
Red foil heart stickers (3) American Greetings
Patterned papers for pages & tags 3 1/4 x 2 1/4 (2), 2 x 1 3/4 (4), 2 x 1 1/2 (3- I used cut a parts from a 6x6 pad- Be Mine by Pebbles) and some from my scraps, and 5 x 2 1/4 (5)
Cropadile or hole punch
Wet adhesive
Bone folder

First, cut one sleeve on one end and painted it with the Lavender acrylic paint, then cut one sleeve on one end and painted it and the other two with the Leaf Green. This may take 2 or 3 coats. Allow to dry thoroughly. With Cropadile, punch 4 holes in one end of the sleeves, and of the ones that are cut at one end, punch holes in the other end.
Assemble together by having the lavender sleeve on the outside of the mini, then the two green uncut sleeves with the green cut one in the center. Glue the bottoms of the two green pages that have not been cut, making a pocket. Thread pink twine through two of the four holes and tie into a bow, then do the same with the other two holes. I applied a dab of adhesive to the centers of the bows to keep them tied. I used a bone folder to fold back the pages and scored the pages as well so they would open easier.
Make 5 tags 5 x 2 1/4 with patterned paper. I made them twice as long so I could fold them and have a double- sided tag. I glued mine to make them stiffer. Punch a hole in the tops and thread twine through the holes and tie off. On 3 of my tags I used both colors of twine and alternated the other color of floss to tie bows onto the twine, along with threading the I, heart and U beads onto the floss before tying into a bow.
Place the two tags in the first green pocket page and the other three in the back pocket page, with the I, heart and U in this order facing. Decorate your pages with the rest of the papers and stickers.

I think this little mini is just adorable! I wasn't sure it was going to turn out this good, but I sure was happily surprised! This was so fun to put together.

Happy crafting!
Denise

Challenges I have entered:
classicdesignteamchallenge/classic-dt-open-challenge-5-28
craftingfromtheheartchallenge/challenge-244/6-8
pammiesinkypinkieschallenges/pip-challenge-1921/6-2





1 comment:

  1. A lovely project and thankyou for all the detail on how it was made. Glad you entered our challenge at Crafting From the Heart.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D