Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

I Heart Kentucky Refrigerator Magnets

Hi everyone!

This project is one that I made for a craft fair coming up. The Kentucky items I have done in the past seem to do nicely, so here is one of them.
I used my Cricut cutting machine for these, but there are many layers, 5 of each for the heart and the state. They were fun to make, so here it is.

Here is what I used:
Recollections red cs
Recollections #110 black cs
Recollections blue cs
Recollections #110 white cs
Amber gemstones from Michael's
Uncharted 4.5 x 6.5 paper pad by The Paper Studio by Hobby Lobby
Plastic Sleeves from Clear Bags.com B4x5  4 1/4 x 5 1/8
Wet glue
Glue Dots
magnets

On my Cricut I set the hearts to cut at 2 1/4" tall by 3" wide. For EACH heart I cut 4 of the #110 black cs and 1 from the red cs.

For the state, cut at 1 3/4" tall by 3" wide. I cut 4 of the #110 white cs and 1 of the blue cs. There is a star that cuts out where the state capital is. Since the star didn't cut well, I simply applied the amber gemstone there.

Layer all the pieces together with the red on top of the heart and the blue on top of the state, adhere with a wet glue. Glue the state to the heart and then glue a magnet to the back.

Cut the Unchartered paper to 4x5. I used a glue dot to stick the magnets to the paper. Slide them into the plastic sleeve.

They took a bit of time to glue the layers together, but overall, a simple project.

Happy crafting!
Denise

Challenges I have entered:
pammiesinkypinkieschallenges 1921/6-2




2 comments:

  1. Fun project! Thank you for sharing with us at The PIP Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore these little magnets!!! You are so brave using a cutting machine... gasp
    Hugs, Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D