Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2019

Falcon Fan?

Hi everyone!

Welcome back, today's post is a project I made for my sister-in-law, Beth. She is a HUGE Atlanta Falcons fan, so I made her some refrigerator magnets with those birds on them!
Okay, how cute are these? I used regular sized clothespins, Recollections #110 black card stock, Recollections #65 white card stock, white acrylic paint, Krylon Spray adhesive, Stampendous Ultra Fine Red Glitter, Stickles Xmas Red Glitter Glue, E6000 glue, and Darice Black Gemz.

I went online to find the falcon, sized it to about 1 1/4x 1 1/2, printed 15 on a sheet of white card stock, ran it through my Scan N Cut to cut them out. No fussy cutting here! Then I loaded #110 Black card stock into my Scan N Cut and cut them again. I stacked 3 white Falcon pieces onto 2 black pieces. It makes them very sturdy. I painted the clothespins white, took about 3 coats. Be sure to cover the sides of the clothespin when you use the spray adhesive so that the glitter wont stick to the sides. Spray with the adhesive and sprinkle the glitter on top. I was thinking of skipping this step and just using red glitter glue instead, but I will next time I make these. I ran glitter glue on the red that is on the Falcon and one the eyes, I used silver. I finished it off with the Gemz and adhered magnets to the backs with E6000 glue. I let these dry for a good 24 hours, just to be safe.

I am super excited about making more of these, I really love them! What would you put on your clothespins?

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy crafting,

Denise
Challenges:
wordartwednesday/04/anything-goes-challenge-384-385
thepapershelter/04/challenge-380
simonsaysstamp/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-anything-goes-61/
www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/anything-goes-challenges/anything-goes-challenge-a2419/
worldwideopendesignteamchallenge/04/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for all your comments. I do read every one of them! :D